Habitat for Humanity of Sangamon County is accepting applications for this program, which will install accessibility (wheelchair/handicap) ramps at individuals' homes. This program is made possible through grants received from King's Daughters Organization.
Performing this service for individuals will allow Habitat for Humanity of Sangamon County to further fulfill its mission of creating and sustaining simple, decent, and affordable housing for all people in need by serving more families in the upcoming year. "Keeping individuals in their home by installing a ramp to safely live at home is the goal of this service," states Colleen Stone, Executive Director of Habitat for Humanity of Sangamon County.
To qualify for the program, applications must:
- Live in an owner-occupied home (renters are not eligible)
- Have homeowners' insurance
- Be willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity and contribute 15 sweat equity (volunteer hours)
- Be in need of an accessibility (wheelchair/handicap) ramp
- Have an ability to pay for the materials through a zero interest loan
Habitat families' maximum income cannot exceed 80% of the HUD median income for Sangamon County, as demonstrated annually on the HUD website: Annual HUD Median Income Limits for Sangamon County
Wheelchair/Handicap Ramp Application
If you have any questions about the program, please contact the Habitat office at 217-523-2710.
Please mail or deliver the completed application to:
Habitat for Humanity of Sangamon County
2744 South Sixth Street
Springfield, IL 62703